March went by so quickly but it was at the same time filled with so many things that I feel like two months have passed since my previous monthly review. A lot has happened this month and so many things have changed that the beginning of the months feels like years ago already.
My favourite things about this month:
- Eating out: I don’t know why but this month I broke all my records in terms of eating out and discovering new places here in Brussels, to the point that I feel like maybe I should write all of this down somewhere! I’ve been to new brunch places, new restaurants and went back to favourite ones, on top of trying the occasional coffee place, boba place and bakeries.
- Meeting Markus & Micah: you may know their blog directly or maybe you remember them from my turtle post, but I recently met with two blogger friends that passed by Brussels one weekend. It was so great to see them in real life and exchange travel and life stories and get to know each other in a different way. They really are amazing and kind people, and I’m glad to be part of their blogging community!
- Running and exercise: I went running every week this month and honestly that felt great! Not only am I glad I can move my body a bit more, but even just the fact that I was able to go every week is already a big win for me! I also tried a fancy gym with a friend and a yoga class with another one, and it’s definitely different than working out at home!
My latest trips and adventures
- I haven’t travelled at all this month and stayed in Brussels for all of it, so I don’t have much to report here, except maybe that we tried an Escape Room with my boyfriend and we loved it! It was his first time and my third, and we went to a place called Escape Hunt. The staff was super friendly and we really had a great time!
Hobbies and distractions:
- Movies: I feel like I’ve seen a lot of movies lately – at least for my standards. I watched The Menu with Ralph Fiennes and Anya Taylor-Joy, which was both terrifying and quite funny, then two Oscar-nominated movies: The Fabelmans and Everything Everywhere All at Once, which was my personal favourite.
- There was also a movie festival in Brussels promoting the works of women directors, where I saw a documentary on Jane Campion, the first female filmmaker to receive the Palme d’Or and to win many other awards.
- Reading: I haven’t been reading nearly as much as I would have liked, but I recently got more into Girl, Woman, Other, a book that explores the intertwined lives of twelve different characters in the UK. It is very different than what I usually read and I’m really enjoying it.
I had hoped that by the end of March I would already be preparing to move into my new flat, but sadly, as it often happens, works have been delayed and it is not ready yet. This has been a bit discouraging as all of my stuff is currently in boxes and I can’t really access it, but I try to look on the bright side and hope that I’ll be writing my next monthly review from there!
Looking forward to:
- Spring: I’ve already posted my Spring bucket list and I can’t wait to start checking things off of it. Right now the weather is mostly rainy but there are already beautiful flowers around!
- Moving into my new flat: I don’t want to jinx it, but I’ll certainly move in April!
- Less layers: I’m so tired of wearing so many layered clothes for winter and I would love to just be able to go out with a light jacket or even just a jumper… we’re getting there!
How was March for you? What are you looking forward to?
Leave a Reply