This review is coming a bit later than usual but February was truly a whirlwind, and these past few days have probably been the most intense in a while. I have fallen a bit behind when it comes to blogging so I hope I’ll manage to catch up a bit in the next few days!
My favourite things about this month
- Brunches and pancakes: it was Pancake day at the beginning of February and I took the opportunity to, well, eat pancakes – or rather “crêpes”, as we call them in French (they are thinner than the American-style pancakes). I also went brunching with some friends in a nice place in Brussels called Café Winok that served delicious vegan and non-vegan crêpes. I also went out for brunch with my boyfriend at the very cute POZ, that my sister and her boyfriend recommended. The food was great but we did have to queue for quite a while!
- Valentine’s surprise: even though we usually do not go big for Valentine’s with my boyfriend, this year was a special one as we got the keys for our new flat on 14th February, and he surprised me with a beautiful candle-lit picnic at sunset, and an amazingly funny hedgehog cake “fail”, as I have been obsessed with those lately (they just make me laugh so much!) – if you don’t know what I mean, just Google it ahah! And yes, I know, he’s just the best 🥰
- Moving out! You might have guessed from the previous point, but I’ll be moving out and in with my boyfriend, so February was a month of packing and leaving the beautiful flat I had. I’ll be living at my boyfriend’s place for some time, and then, once our flat is ready, we’ll move in together officially!
My latest trips and adventures
- Day trip to De Haan: my mum came to visit me and help me with all the moving and packing, so, since she came with the car, we took the opportunity to go to De Haan, a cute little town by the Belgian coast, with beautiful little houses and a beautiful beachfront. The wind was strong and the sky cloudy but it was so nice to be by the sea!
- An afternoon in Leuven: still with my mum, we went to the town of Leuven not too far from Brussels. It has beautiful winding cobbled streets and a stunning architecture, plus some really nice and cute shops, so it’s definitely worth a visit if you’re one day in the area!
Hobbies and distractions
- Movies: I do not watch a lot of movies in general, but in February I finally watched the award-winning Italian movie called The Great Beauty, that I had been meaning to watch for a long time. I really enjoyed it, though it was really not what I expected! I also watched Titanic at the cinema for the very first time ever, and I can finally understand why it is so famous!
- Blogging: this month was not the best blog-wise, as I have not been very active, but I hope things will improve in March. I have also changed my WordPress theme and it has been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions, as I have been very frustrated in trying to make the new way of customising the blog work. I have settled for something very simple at the moment but I hope I’ll manage to change it up a bit in the next few weeks!
This month was probably the busiest month in a long time, as I had to prepare everything to move out of my flat. But it was also somewhat of a pivotal month as it really feels like the end of a season of my life, both from a professional and personal point of view. While things are not settled yet, I can’t wait to see what the future brings!
Looking forward to…
- Some quieter days: after this very intense month of February, I’m very excited to have quieter days ahead of me to catch up on everything that I couldn’t do while I was busy packing (like reading and blogging!)
- Spring days: while I hope spring will not come too soon as all of my lighter clothes are all packed away, I do look forward to sunnier days and brighter mornings!
- April: it will be the month where I will (hopefully) officially move into my new flat with my boyfriend, and I can’t wait for us to have our home!
How was February for you? What are you looking forward to?
Leave a Reply