I know this monthly review comes very late, but I just came back from a trip and sadly didn’t have time to write anything before leaving or while I was away, so here it is!
My favourite things about this month:
- My mum coming to visit me in Brussels: At the beginning of the month, my mum came from France to see me in Brussels, and I got to show her my flat, to take her around the city and I also took her to beautiful Ghent. The weather was lovely and I was really glad to show my mum around and spend some time with her. We also went to the cinema to see Nightmare Alley, which I still don’t really have an opinion on…
- The Encanto soundtrack: if you have seen the movie, you know what I’m talking about (and if you haven’t, go see it!) I’ve basically been listening to the songs on repeat or, when I wasn’t, they were stuck in my head. Please tell me I’m not alone!
- A trip to Iceland!! Read on to the next part of this review to find out a bit more about it, but this was 100% the highlight of this month and probably even of the year. Going to Iceland has been a dream of mine for such a long time, and I can’t wait to share this experience on here!
My latest trips and adventures
- A week in Iceland: at the end of February, I went to Iceland with my boyfriend and I absolutely loved it! We went on a road trip in the South of the country and explored many breath-taking places, experienced the power of nature through sand and snow storms, and witnessed some of nature’s most amazing displays. I will definitely share more about it here so prepare yourselves!
- Girl day at the spa: at the beginning of the month, I went with two friends to a spa nearby to spend the night and enjoy the facilities located in a beautiful Belgian castle. We booked massages, tried the sauna, steam baths, jacuzzis and even a freezing cold pool. It was really nice to just spend time with them, away from our usual lives and obviously the beautiful location made it even nicer!
- Bright Brussels 2: I know, I have just talked about Bright Brussels in November, but they made a second version in February (I’m still not sure why), which was sooo nice! I went there with my mum and we explored the city that was all lit up with beautiful light displays. It was a great way to rediscover the centre while marvelling at beautiful colours and light shows!
Hobbies and distractions:
- Movies: as I said, I have watched Nightmare Alley at the cinema when my mum was here and I honestly don’t really know what to think of it. I have also watched The Tinder Swindler on Netflix with my boyfriend and found it very interesting and, to be honest a bit scary and worrying. However, the biggest highlight of the month was definitely Disney’s Encanto! I absolutely adored the movie and the images, and, as I said, I am still listening to the soundtrack on an almost-daily basis (it’s been more than a month). Have you seen any of these?
- The Name of the Wind: I mentioned last month that I was reading Patrick Rothfuss’s Name of the Wind, and I finished it in February, right before my holidays. I don’t know if you have read it but I’d heard so many people mention it as an amazing book and I finally understand why! I think it was just the type of book that I needed to revive my love for reading and motivate me to find some time during the week to immerse myself in a book.
This month came in waves of very eventful and busy weeks, followed by quiet, chill ones. I think I have started to find a bit of a balance in between all the things I want to do and, most importantly, to not feel guilty when I don’t do things that I tell myself I “should” do. This month, I realised that if I had to skip on a work out or skip studying Russian one evening or morning, I should do it well: not spending that time scrolling mindlessly but enjoying it with a nice book, a good stretch or a walk around the park.
Looking forward to:
- Spring: flowers are starting to bloom on trees, the air is getting warmer and the sun is actually there (at least for now)! This is enough to make me dream of spring days and, most importantly, the time when I can finally get rid of my jumpers and coats for the season. I can’t wait!
- A short trip to Amsterdam: at the end of March, I will go to Amsterdam with my boyfriend for a few days and I can’t wait! I have already been there but I feel like I haven’t really enjoyed it, so this time I hope to see more and nicer parts of the city. Have you ever been?
How was February for you? What are you looking forward to?
Published in February:Going to a ball in Vienna
– A short holiday in Catalonia, Spain
Leave a Reply