The month of October flew by and was so filled with things (and, surprisingly, sunshine) that I didn’t really have the chance to cosy up and get in an “autumnal” mood. It was a birthday month filled with adventures that left me quite tired but full of amazing memories.
My favourite things about this month:
- Catching up with friends: this month, on top of having good quality time with the friends that I regularly see, I also got to catch up with some that I hadn’t seen in a while. These are the things that are easy to procrastinate as it is usually quite difficult to set up a date and life always gets in the way, but it is always so nice to see friends that you haven’t spoken to in a while!
- Going on a weekend trip in the woods: during a trip to Montreal (which I will talk about later), my mum, my sister and I stayed for a couple of days in a beautiful cabin in the woods, surrounded by nature. We weren’t so lucky with the weather but we could still admire the gorgeous autumnal colours of the trees and have a walk surrounded by nature and silence. It was absolutely amazing!
- Running: yes, I know, this might sound a bit odd coming from me ahah but this month I took part in a race with some colleagues, where we had to run a certain amount of kilometres that added up to be the length of a marathon. I personally did 5 km – which is already quite the achievement for me – while others ran 7 or 10 km. During the weeks leading up to it I was definitely more motivated to work out and I kind of miss it now: time to get back to it!
My latest trips and adventures
- 10 days in Canada: luckily the health situation was good enough for me and my mum to fly to Canada and go visit my sister in Montreal. I had already been there a few years ago and loved it, so I was beyond excited to go back and rediscover this amazing city and eat all its delicious food and sweets. I loved walking around, discovering new places and admiring the city in autumn. I will definitely do a post about this trip as it was without a doubt the best thing I did this month!
- A weekend in Metz: This month, I also went to Metz, a cute city in France, to visit some friends that I hadn’t seen in a while. I had never been there and even though I wasn’t expecting much of it, I found that it was really a beautiful town, full of history and beautiful landmarks. Obviously, I was also really happy to catch up with my friends and enjoy some time together!
- Brussels Flower market: This wasn’t really a flower market, but more of a small market where local and sustainable brands could sell their stuff – and there were also flowers and plants of course. It was really small but in a really pretty location, and we basically made a day out of it, thanks to the amazing weather.
Hobbies and distractions:
- I feel like this month, the main thing I did, regarding my hobbies, is feeling bad because I didn’t have time to do any of them…! It is not as bad as it sounds obviously, because that means that time was filled with cool memories and discovering new places and seeing friends, but I have definitely not been very consistent with my hobbies. I am currently reading The Silmarillion by Tolkien, and even though I really like it, I have a hard time finishing it.
- Eating: yes, at this point I will consider it as a hobby – or a distraction, it can really be both ahah. Why am I putting this here? Well, because I went to a very nice Georgian restaurant in Brussels with my friends (not amazing, but still very good food), discovered a delicious pancake place and amazing restaurant with my boyfriend and obviously went to countless restaurants and cafes in Montreal.
As I said in the beginning, October felt more like a “summery” month this year: the weather was nice and sunny, I went out a lot and did many things – which is usually what the summery Juliette does. With November already under way, however, I really feel the need to slow down a bit and be more of my introverted self, take time for myself and my hobbies, and cosy up. Basically, I have to catch up on all the things that I had to put aside to enjoy the sunny weather and slowly reset. I actually can’t wait!
Looking forward to:
- Warm and comforting drinks and food: cosying up under a blanket, in front of a fire (or the video of a fire that a sweet soul decided to upload to Youtube), with a nice book and a cup of tea, trying new recipes for hot chocolates, baking biscuits and filling my home with the smell of cinnamon, orange and spices… this is exactly what I want for this month!
- Small adventures: nothing is planned yet, but there are some things that I would like to do and places I want to go to this month – hopefully I manage to do them and report them back in here!
- Catching up with my blog: I have an endless list of blog post ideas that I want to write, which are already not in season… but that I really want to share! I really hope I get to write many posts and schedule them in for the weeks and months to come!
How was October for you? What are you looking forward to?
Published last year in October and related:The Inspiring Bloggers tag
– My favourite things about Montreal
– Sugar rush at a sugar shack
– Autumn walk at the Park