It was a year ago that I published my very first monthly review on this blog, and I feel like so much has changed – in the world and in my life – since then. Spring is definitely here and I couldn’t be happier about it, and this month has been overall very good.
My favourite things about this month:
- Spring! I think I have been putting it in my list of “things to look forward to” every month since October and it’s finally here! The sun is shining, the temperatures are slowly rising, and some trees are already filled with beautiful flowers or new leaves.
- Indoor picnic: even though the weather is amazing now, it hasn’t been the case this whole month, so, a few weeks ago, on a rainy Saturday, we decided with my boyfriend to have a small picnic inside the flat, as we couldn’t do it outside. It was amazing! We prepared some food, arranged blankets and pillows and plants all around us, put some beachy waves sounds, and enjoyed the afternoon with fresh smoothies and delicious snacks.
- Disconnecting and relaxing in a cabin: details just down below!
My latest trips and adventures
- A few days away in the woods. At the end of the month, we took a few says off of work and rented a tiny house in the woods to relax and disconnect a bit. We were incredibly lucky with a gorgeous summer-like weather, and enjoyed some chill time, birds chirping in the trees and squirrels all around us. The weather was so nice that we could eat breakfast outside in the sun, then enjoy the warmth of the fireplace for dinner, it was perfect and much needed!
- Apart from the different walks with friends and colleagues I could go to, the rest of the month was quite quiet, but I did publish a blog post about a small day trip to Bruges. Funnily enough, it was also a year ago that I talked about my very first trip there with my mum!
Hobbies and distractions:
- This month, I tried to be more intentional with my evenings, and not spend all of them just watching series. This worked out quite well, as I managed to play some piano a bit more and find a better routine with my blog. I also finished reading a book in Spanish, which is a great accomplishment!
- I finished watching the series Sex Education and really liked it! If you haven’t watched it, I would definitely recommend it, if you want to watch something quite chill and enjoyable, but also informative and fun! I wish I had this when I was in high school, that’s for sure! Which series have you discovered recently?
- Cooking and eating – can you count “food” as a hobby? It is for sure a distraction! I feel like this month I basically ate so much: ordering food in new and delicious places or even making it myself (I know, it is shocking), I basically ate something new every week and I wish things were always this way!
This month has overall been really good: from very positive work accomplishments to my blog being nominated for the Outstanding blogger award, I feel like it has been filled with positive and encouraging things. I also changed a bit the way I planned my days and my weeks, as I found out earlier in the month that my current day-planning system was stressing me out more than helping me. Since then, I have taken a weekly approach, without planning every single day, and I still managed to work on my goals the way I used to, so that’s a big win for me!
Looking forward to:
- Going on more adventures: a short afternoon at the beach, a nice walk in a forest or even a fun picnic at the park with some friends – I can’t wait to make the most of the spring weather! We still have many restrictions here, but some things are still allowed, and I am determined to make the most of it and enjoy what I can.
How was March for you? What are you looking forward to?
Published in March:My favourite things about Montreal
– Sugar rush at a sugar shack