What do you mean October is already over? I didn’t even realise it even started! – This is how I would sum up my thoughts and feelings at the moment. I truly feel like this month flew by so fast I can barely remember what I did!
My favourite things about this month:
- Autumn: I love this season, and in October everything seems even more beautiful. I just love the colours of nature in autumn. Also, this year hasn’t been as chilly as last year, so it was perfect to wear those in-between-seasons pieces of clothing that I love, while layering and feeling cosy with big jumper and fluffy scarves!
- Eating out: if you’re not new to my blog, you would have probably noticed that I love eating. Well, this month has been a month of trying new restaurants and cooking new recipes (or long forgotten ones), and I couldn’t be happier!
- My birthday! A few days ago, I celebrated my 26th birthday, and even though I couldn’t really celebrate it as I would have liked to, I still feel incredibly blessed with everything that I have and the amazing people that surround me.
My latest trips and adventures
- To celebrate the beauty of this season I have been on many walks, which main purpose was to admire and capture the wonderful colours of the trees. These days, I feel like it can definitely count as an adventure! In fact, I made it into a local adventure last year!
- Thrift shopping with friends: I always thought that thrift shops were a bit dull here in Belgium but I went with my friends and absolutely loved it! Of course, some things were definitely not my taste but I managed to find some really nice jackets that I’m sure I will keep for a long time!
Hobbies and distractions:
- My new piano: another one of my favourite things about this month (even though it came at the end of it) is my new piano, or, should I say, digital keyboard. I got it as a present for my birthday, as I have always wished, ever since I stopped practicing the piano, to have one at home and pick up this skill. I have a long way to go, but feel very motivated by this challenge!
- One of the cinemas here decided to play the whole extended version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy… (I don’t know if you can feel my excitement in reading this sentence but it is extremely high). So, of course, I simply had to go, especially since I had never seen the extended versions before. Sadly, I didn’t get the chance to watch the last one, but the first two movies blew my mind, and made me want to read the books again!
- I have also been watching the Netflix series The Haunting of Bly Manor, and I really liked it, especially the first half of it, as it is a good mixture of spooky and scary, but not too gorey! Have you seen it?
Even though this month definitely had its share of negative news and cancelled plans, I somehow feel very optimistic and cheerful at the end of it. I think turning 26 actually made me feel much more rejuvenated and energetic, and I have always felt like this would be “my year”, so let’s see what it brings!
Looking forward to:
- Local adventures? I feel like it is always on my list these days but I rarely get to do some ahahah, maybe next month will be better!
- Finding more balance and being more grounded
How was October for you? What are you looking forward to?
Posted last year in October:My favourite things about Summer in the South of Italy
– Day & Night at the Alcázar of Seville
– Autumn walk at the Park
Leave a Reply