I feel like it was yesterday that I posted March’s monthly review, yet we are already at the end of April and the first real spring month has already flown by. That’s crazy. This month was pretty uneventful, but at least it was sunny!
My favourite things about this month:
- Definitely the sun and weather! I am so lucky to have a garden that helps me keep my sanity during this full month of lockdown, so being able to spend most days and evening outside was truly a blessing.
- Even though my Easter plans were completely ruined by the health crisis, I was really excited to have a few days off around Easter to truly disconnect and stop thinking about work. I organised a lovely Easter lunch with my flatmates and we all enjoyed amazing food, great music and a healthy dose of vitamin D!
- Also, I finally upgraded my blog! I am still trying to find a theme and look that I really like, but this opens up a lot of new interesting and fun learning projects that I am very excited to start!
My latest trips and adventures
- This month was spent in a complete lockdown, even though we are still allowed to go out on a walk. So, I would say that, apart from a trip to the grocery store, my latest adventure was going to a nearby street (how exciting haha) to check out the cherry trees in full bloom. The street was covered in pink petals and all the trees had a bright pink colour. It was definitely a refreshing and much needed “adventure”.
- Even though I didn’t travel, I managed to find some time to publish two new posts. The first one talks about the district of Triana in Seville, a city that I have fallen in love with, as you can guess from the number of articles about it in this blog. The second post is about all the things I saw during a short weekend in Granada, Spain.
Hobbies and distractions:
- Last month, I was saying that I was in the process of reading Little Women… Well, I have finally finished it and I love it! Being a lover of slow-paced books that portray “ordinary” lives, I truly enjoyed reading all about these girls’ lives. Now I am very excited to see the movie and check out what they have done with the book. Have you read or seen it? What did you think?
- I also discovered two new movies: the weird and very complex Mulholland Drive, by David Lynch, that I really enjoyed even though I had to see a video to understand it… And Tarantino’s Once upon a Time in Hollywood, that I also enjoyed, though not as much. Have you seen any of these movies?
- Finally, I dived back into Netflix’s La Casa de Papel. I know I am quite late, and that I am only at the second season, but the show is getting me more and more excited. If you have seen it, do you like it? Also, no spoiler please!
As I said earlier, this month flew by, and I can’t believe we have been in quarantine for so long. I guess the fact that I keep working from home keeps me busy, which is a good thing! However, the problem is that the limit between work time and private time is somewhat blurred, which annoys me a bit. I was struggling with that at the beginning of the month but I think I am doing a bit better now.
It seems like I won’t be able to go back to work for some time now, so I will just have to get used to it. Let’s see how it goes!
Looking forward to:
- More yoga sessions in the garden: I started doing some yoga with my flatmates in the garden and it has been amazing. I can’t wait to do more of these next month, when the weather will be even nicer!
- Mid-May: I have a big deadline coming up in the middle of next month, which is very stressing and time-consuming at the moment. However, everything will come to an end in mid-May, and I am very excited to have some worry-free days ahead!
How was April for you? What are you looking forward to?